What We Do At
After more than 13 years, Ashara adds a new dimension to its Call to Service. Discipleship and outreach have always
been our passion; the added dimension is Church Planting and Development. Ashara is
expanding its service base, in a world losing ground to the darkness.
First Century churches functioned out of homes and office buildings. Prayer, fasting and singleness of heart, made the Salt if the
earth able to spreads its value. Too long have stationary stagnating edifices define and active, necessary, vibrant movement.
The scriptures tell us that ministry is for
perfecting the saints. This is Ashara’s main goal. We certify our ministers annually. As part of the certification our members are taught via mentorship, apprenticeship, and on the job
training for the missions we undertake.
This Faith-based Corporation is formed for
educational and charitable purposes within the meaning of Section 501 (c) (3) of the Internal Revenue Code of 1986 (or the corresponding provision of any future United States Internal Revenue Law).
Its specific purposes are:
To find creative ways to feed and clothe the less
fortunate.To find creative ways to educate the less fortunate.
- To help re-integrate former inmates into their family,
society and the workplace.
- To find creative ways to house and employ the less
- To help those damaged and destroyed by
- To help victims of incest, rape and domestic
- To support, manage, produce, and distribute noncommercial,
community based media programs;
- To develop and promote the concept of community (public,
educational, governmental, and institutional) access to existing and future communications media.
- To establish, maintain and operate one (1) or more media
access center(s): (1.) To educate and train individuals and nonprofit organizations and institutions in the use of various media tools and techniques.
- To provide individuals and nonprofit organizations and
institutions with access to various media tools and assistance in their use.
- To promote programs and support the use of various media as
vehicles of artistic expression.
- To establish, maintain and operate a system or systems for the
distribution of various non-commercial media programs and materials, in the public interest.
- To facilitate the use of access channels as a public forum
which promotes a free exchange of ideas and information;
- To promote and develop activities and programs for the optimal utilization of the
- To serve access viewers and users with programs reflecting the activities, concerns, and interests of the
residents of the Nashville area in a manner that promotes a free exchange of ideas and information;
- To create and maintain an environment which enables a diversity of peoples and viewpoints and ensures that no
individual is discriminated against with regard to membership, services, access to information or any activity because of race, national origin, sex, age, religion, disability, political affiliation,
or economic status.
- To make recommendations to users and to cable communication franchisees in regard to access services and
institutional network services;
- To apply for and to receive contributions, grants, donations, and loans of all types from individuals,
organizations, profit and nonprofit, public and private corporations, government agencies and others to support these purposes;
- To determine and conduct or support any and all other lawful things in furtherance of the foregoing
charitable and educational purposes, either, manifest of latent.
- Maximize the quality of service to theological field education;
- Provide for optimal growth and development of field education personnel;
- Achieve maximum input from field education personnel to development of strategies for theological
- Develop and maintain an atmosphere for maximum input of content fields into experience-centered
- Provide for optimal participation of education personnel in education programs.